Ok. So I haven’t written a blog post in it seems like a year. At times, The Double Standard will double, (see what I just did there?) as my own personal diary but instead of listing the myriad excuses, lets just delve into the good stuff. My psychiatrist told me that I am perfect, so nothing to see here.
I am reinvigorated, which not so coincidentally is linked to the start of the new NBA season. This looks like it will be an even better year as the league has managed to turn over a new leaf with only a few players left from the last generation aka the Jordan Era. (If you played when Mike still ‘wheelchaired’ his way up and down the court with the Wizards, then you are part of the old guard, in my opinion.) It doesn’t mean that you are ineffective (see Garnett, Nash, Nowitzki, Kobe, to name a few) it just means that the ‘L’, is teeming with young, exciting players and even more intriguing teams. I could go on and on and I will but I have quite a few things that I will post in the next coming weeks, so lets get to it.
1. The 2nd annual NBA preview is back with Josh Hundert, my friend and owner of @knottycase, doing his best prognostication of the Eastern Conference this year. I will hold down the Western Conference. The year of Alec Burks is slowly taking shape.
2. I got a few articles that I will post as well. They will range in topic to lead singers of the 90’s, my journey learning the art of standup, a post on my understanding of baseball sabremetrics, a boxing profile on my top fights to watch this year.
3. We got some videos coming up as well. Stay tuned for a vid on Entrepreneurs talking about the art of entrepreneuring, our highly anticipated remake of the 2005 Castillo vs Corrales fight, a scene from documentary Box On!, my first stand up show and a couple other goodies that I’ve been working on this year.
4. I will do better to post more NBA, Boxing, Football related musings. I will get some contribution from nutty friends such as @philjones2020 and Carlo Bodrogi. Carlo is so ‘carazy’ that he doesn’t even have one twitter post.
6. I will try not to trash the Blue Jays this winter. Disappointing doesn’t even begin to describe it. I checked out in August. ughhh.
5. And as always, I will post unique ways the world sees the world through social media, youtube and other pop culture sites and newspapers. “What me have an opinion?” Sadly, and more humorously, yes I will. I cared a little too much about Bachelor Pad, but too much is in the eye of the beholder. If there was more episodes, I woulda watched them.
Once again, thanks for not following. It’s not you. It’s me.